Plans to ensure high quality, compassionate care for everyone at the end of life have been announced by Health Minister Ben Gummer.
The government has made 6 commitments to the public to end variation in end of life care across the health system by 2020. These are:
- honest discussions between care professionals and dying people
- dying people making informed choices about their care
- personalised care plans for all
- the discussion of personalised care plans with care professionals
- the involvement of family and carers in dying people’s care
- a main contact so dying people know who to contact at any time of day
The commitments are in response to an independent review of end of life care.
Click on the link to read more